Embedding and Sharing Episodes
How to embed and share an individual episode in your Channel.
Embedding or sharing an individual episode from your Channel is a great way to tell your viewers about specific content, or direct them to a certain episode tailored to their interests. Maybe there’s an episode that you want to showcase on a landing page, or one that you want to send to a list in your email marekting tool. If you’re looking to share an episode individually, you’ve come to the right place!
If you’d like to embed an episode individually, outside of a Channel, you can do so via Embed, on your episode’s page.
When you select Embed, you’ll see a few different options to choose from for your embed code.
- Responsive: The audio player will resize to fit the container its embedded in.
- Fixed Size: The audio player will remain the same size (the dimensions that you choose) regardless of where it is embedded.
- Standard: We recommned trying the standard embed code first.
- Fallback: If the Standard embed code doesn’t do the trick, try using the fallback (iFrame) embed code. This is quite literally a “fallback” option if the Standard embed code isn’t supported in your CMS.
- oEmbed: This is an API endpoint that allows you to embed Wistia videos via a URL in contexts where we are an approved oEmbed provider. There are a number of platforms with built-in oEmbed support. If you’re using WordPress, and would like to use oEmbed, you’ll need to add oEmbed support.
Once you’ve selected your desired embed code settings, click Copy link and then you’re good to go! Pop your content right into your website :)
The Wistia audio player is flexible! You’ll see that it takes on different states depending on the size of the embed code (see examples below) or the listening environment. You can also achieve these states by modifying the size of your embed code or the size of the container you’re embedding the player in.
Check out these examples to see how the player looks and behaves in these four states.
This is an example of 230px by 640px:
This is an example of 60px by 640px:
This is an example of 60px by 350px:
This is an example of 150px by 250px:
You might notice that your video episodes have a few more options for embedding - these are the Popover and Email tabs.
A popover embed quite literally “pops over” the rest of the content on your page, moving it into the background and bringing your video to the center of attention. You can embed a popover using a fixed-size or responsive thumbnail, or a text link.
An email embed gives you the option to embed the thumbnail of your video in an email. This includes a play button that links to your video.
Here, you’ll select your Email Provider, Thumbnail Size, and the Link Destination. Once you’re set, select Copy link.
Once you’ve sent your video, we’ll start collecting stats on the watch behavior for the viewers in your list. Head to your video’s Analyze page to see!